To assist in ensuring our customers are well informed, Andrew Haschka Consulting would like to offer a no charge assessment of your situation.
We follow a staged approach to providing I.T. design and services, these can be outlined as follows:
1. Initial Investigation
It's important that our clients understand their situation and options at the start of an engagement. This allows them to proceed with confidence and clear expectations. I.T. projects can often change scope which can result in extra costs for customers; Our initial investigation stipulates all requirements to be covered and any assumptions or risks associated with these. A typical investigation discussion involves:
- Understanding the matter and the client’s specific objectives
- Reviewing the current environment and identifying areas for development or improvement
- Liaising with third parties and service providers as required
- Assessing the costs and benefits of potential design and services at a high level
- Clearly explaining options for proceeding in simple terms when required
2. Scoping Phase
We use a suite of tools and utilities which allows us to effectively collect data for your environment. Our approach to data collection involves:
- Network based utilites for scoping changes to the existing environment
- Physical examination of source and destination when required
- Vendor provided utilities for audit and total cost of operation metrics. These are often run from a combination of vendors to reduce bias.
- A scoping report, outlining a high level infrastructure solution recommendation addressing each of your requirements.
3. Design and Planning Phase
We utilise reports, solution designs, and existing documentation to provide further detail building upon the scoping phase; these may include the following documentation:
- Build and installation plans
- Multi-group implementation plans
- Operational Acceptance testing and criteria
- Company wide I.T. standards
- End to End Infrastructure Solution Designs
- Infrastructure Solution Configuration documents
- Infrastructure roadmap, governance and strategy documents
4. Implementation Phase
We present our documents and roadmap clearly, and work with existing teams as required to implement and handover for standard operational support to our customer.